postheadericon The Building and its History

Built 1800.

Continuously occupied by religious sisters
(Congrégation des Filles de La Croix Saint André
— Daughters of St. Andrew's Cross)

for 163 years (1845-2008).

Girls school until 1904.

Dispensary, military hospital from 1914 to 1919.

Departure of the Sisters in 2008.

Acquisition by the township in 2009.

Opening the Hostel late 2013.

See also:

http://fr.topic-topos.com/maison-des-soeurs-de-la-croix-saint-andre-la-chapelle-la-reine